This awesome keyboard is from the "Windows XP" era, so I wanted to tried it out and keep using it more modern OSes.
- Windows HW ID: HID\VID_06CB&PID_0009
- HardwareID: 06CB:0009
Stuff that says on the back:
- Model No: SK-8835
- FRU P/N: 02R0400
- Synaptics 220.127.116.11 - 12/17/2014 (Link Lenovo)(n15gx11w.exe) - 48.9MB (Working)
- Synaptics 18.104.22.168 - 05Aug14 - - (n10gx25w.exe) - 48.9MB (Working)
- Synaptics 22.214.171.124 - (Working)
Windows 10 - 64bits (1607)It has a similar problem as Windows 8.1, it downloads a driver from the MS site that blocks the trackpoint and trackpad (Ultranav). The keyboard works with the default MS driver.
Windows 8.1 - 64 Bits.Working Driver: Synaptics 126.96.36.199 - 12/17/2014 / 188.8.131.52 05Aug14 / Synaptics v184.108.40.206 23Dec11 /
I tried this keyboard on Windows 8.1 - 64bits and it worked fine with several Synaptics driver version. The last one that installed and worked ok was "Synaptics 220.127.116.11 - 12/17/2014"
Here are some pics:
Version 15.x.x.x.x was also working fine on Windows 8.1 64bits.
Windows 8 - 64 Bits.Working Driver: Automatically Installed by Windows - Synaptic 18.104.22.168
By Default Windows 8 - 64 bits installs Synaptics driver for this keyboard. The track point is working fine, but the trackpad was recognized but the cursor does not work at first. On the next reboot it worked without problems.
Windows 7 - 64 BitsWorking Driver: Automatically Installed by Windows - Synaptic 22.214.171.124
Windows 7 recognize both mice (trackpoint and trackpad) as "Compatible HID Mouse". Both mice does not works by default.
So inspired on what happened on Windows 8 I found where is the Synaptic 126.96.36.199. I found it on a Lenovo site and installed it on Windows 7. After a restart the two mice (trackpoint and trackpad) was working fine.
The only trick here was that I have to unpack all the installer in a directory just executing the exe. After that I want to Windows'sv"Device Manager" and installed the drivers by hand by making a right click on both mice devices and selecting "Update Driver Software..." and pointing it to the driver unpacked directory.
After that it got working normally on Windows 7.